Request a Charity PlaceRegister your own place Starting in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, the run will take 13.1 miles through the city centre towards
Starting in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, the run will take 13.1 miles through the city centre towards the River Tyne where thousands of people will cross over the iconic Tyne Bridge, where if you’re lucky, you might get a glimpse of the Red Arrows passing overhead.
From there runners will travel through Gateshead while being entertained many bands on the run. The route, lined by thousands of supporters, leads runners to South Shields where at the top of Prince Edward Road the view of the sea is one of the most welcoming sights along the whole course. From that point there is just over a mile to go and the crowds get louder as runners make their way down the final straight towards the finish gantry.
The charity has 10 places at the 2019 Great North Run so join up to run for #TeamC4B. There is a minimum fundraising of £300 for each place in this event. As a runner in our Team C4B you can expect:
- A C4B vest or t-shirt with your name on it
- A dedicated point of contact all the way until race day
- Help and advice from our Admin Team, such as publicity in your local area to include press releases
- Support from the team in sharing your story further, i.e through the media, online or social media
- Branded supporter t-shirts available at a reduced price for family cheering you on
- A certificate to acknowledge your fundraising achievement
Newcastle-upon-TyneNewcastleStarting in the centre of Newcastle-upon-Tyne you run across the iconicTyne Bridge heading towards Gateshead before taking a left towards the coast, finishing the run along the coastal edge of South Sheilds.