Either in or out of office hours
Estimate of hours needed:
1-3 hours / week, 3-7 hours / week or 7-15 hours / week
Before you apply
Please apply below with your up to date CV ready to upload at the end of the application.
After consideration, we will contact you for an informal video interview.
As we look to grow our scope nationally, we are looking for somebody with experience of bid writing to secure both national and local grants to help subsidise collection costs.
What will you be doing?
A Call4Backup Bid Writer will be tasked with researching local and national grants, helping to identify the most suitable and realistic for our campaigns, aims & objectives. The Bid Writer will register for funding applications by researching and collating all relevant information required for bids and grants.
The proposal will be written, edited, and reviewed before submission. The submission process will be observed, and updates reported back to the management team at Call4Backup.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Committed to producing high standards of work and detail oriented
- Excellent working knowledge and comprehension of written English
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Highly organised, reliable, able to work to tight deadlines with good timekeeping
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- At least three years working experience
- Experience of raising income from at least one of the following sources would be ideal but not essential: trusts, foundations, individuals or businesses.
What difference will you make?
Every penny raised by securing grants help subsidise costs, which helps us to support the people working and retired from our UK Police Services. It also allows the charity to grow, providing more support and treatment to support an early return to or prevention of sickness from work.